Friday, June 15, 2012

Venomous Purple and Green, Take 2

Happy Friday!

I felt like a real jackhole for neglecting my blog and for my last post being that Venomous fail.  I felt inspired today to do another look with the same shades that better showed off the cool colors... so here it is!


Flash

Window light. That speckle under my brow is a scar, it makes brow highlighting extra fun and challenging :)

Flash




Zayt's Highway 8 is a purple with green shimmers, and Amazon Rainforest Expedition is a green with a very subtle purple/lavender highlight. I thought it would be fun to wear them together, all matchy-like! Yea, I am one of those dorks that has to match everything I wear, even if I'm just chillen' at home in my pajamas.  Those pajamas still have to match my socks, slippers, flip flops, hoodie, nail polish etc.

I think this look came out quite a bit better than the last one. So now I can go feel a little less like a jackhole. :)


Stuff I used:

Eyes:

*UDPP
*NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, all over lid blended up to browbone
*Venomous Cosmetics Pressed Shadow in Amazon Rainforest Expedition inner third of lid... also a bit blended onto outer lower lashline
*Venomous Cosmetics Loose Shadow in Zayt's Highway 8 (Dr. Seuss Collection) outer lid and crease, also wetlined onto upper lashline
*Venomous Cosmetics Loose Shadow in Pale Green Pants w/Nobody Inside 'Em (Dr Seuss Collection), blended above crease
*Venomous Cosmetics Loose Shadow in Moon Jelly, to blend out edges of Zayt's Highway 8
*Venomous Cosmetics Pressed Shadow in Box Jelly on browbone and inner corners
*UD 24/7 liner in Ransom on upper & Lower waterline
*Buxom Mascara
*Too Faced Brownies in Blondey


Face:

*Prescriptives All Skins Liquid Mineral Makeup in Level 1 Warm Light
*Aromaleigh Glamoured Finishing Power in Triteleia
*Lorac Cheeck Stamp in Hibiscus (discontinued)


Lips:

*Venomous Lip Poison in Panem (The Hunger Games Collection)


The Dr. Seuss and The Hunger Games collections were limited edition, but Tracy (the owner of Venomous Cosmetics) is really cool about doing custom invoices if you want something from a previous collection.  Check out the store, it just re-opened and not everything is up yet but lots of awesome looking new lip stuff and the Lip Poisons are AMAZING!!

11 comments:

  1. Thank you Beauty Make Up Addict! Purple and green is one of my fave color combos for makeup, clothes, decorating etc. Such happy colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this combo, i love all green looks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you yelaya! Me too, green is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! You are gorgeous :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this look... such pretty colors :)
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and for following.. it means a lot :)
    Ive returned it :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thank you Marta! <3

    You are very welcome shortylegsbeauty! And thanks so much for following back! It means a lot to me as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again.. I have awarded you on my blog :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. i agree! the look is really pretty! i might wear this to the next school dance!
      Check out my blog? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
      -Jenna <3

      Delete
  9. I love this look . I am looking forward to more of your post . Would love it if you checked out my latest post and be sure to enter the giveaway . Thanks
    http://boldbrashbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete